Academy MemberMap & Directions
Regularly travels out of state to: District of Columbia, Florida, Minnesota, Montana, Nevada, New York, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, WisconsinOther ADR Services: Early Neutral Evaluation, Mini-Trial Judge
- MINNEAPOLIS-ST PAUL
Philip L. Bruner, Esq. is one of the world's leading full-time arbitrators, mediators, and resolvers of construction, engineering, and infrastructure claims and disputes arising in the United States and globally. He is a distinguished member of the panels of neutrals of both JAMS and JAMS International, and for more than 25 years prior to joining JAMS was a member of panels of arbitrators of other dispute resolution organizations. He is the co-author with Patrick J. O'Connor, Jr. of the twelve volume, 11,000 page treatise, Bruner and O'Connor on Construction Law, regarded as the most authoritative ever written on American law governing construction, and cited in more than 300 published opinions issued by federal appellate and district courts, state supreme and appellate courts, and Commonwealth and Territorial courts.
ADR Experience and Qualifications
As a neutral, Mr. Bruner’s experience includes numerous complex construction, engineering, and infrastructure disputes and claims aggregating from millions to many hundreds of millions of dollars generated on a wide variety of public and private projects. See his more extensive bios at www.jamsadr.com under "neutrals" and at www.philbruner.com.
- Contract Disputes
- Energy Sector (Oil/Gas)
- Local Govt./Municipalities
- Professional Fees
- Professional Liability
- Professional Malpractice
- Professional Negligence
- Property Damage
- Real Estate
Mr. Bruner earned his Bachelor of Arts Degree in History from Princeton University, Juris Doctor Degree from the University of Michigan Law School and Masters in Business Administration Degree from Syracuse University.
Memberships & Affiliations
- past President and Fellow, The American College of Construction Lawyers
- Honorary Fellow, Canadian College of Construction Lawyers
- Fellow, International Academy of Construction Lawyers
- Chartered Arbitrator and Fellow, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (London)
- Overseas Member, Britain's Society of Construction Arbitrators (London)
- Fellow, College of Commercial Arbitrators
- Certified Mediator, International Mediation Institute
- Fellow The American College of Civil Trial Mediators
- Chair of the Construction Industry Advisory Board of the ThomsonReuters/WestGroup Construction Contract Law Report
- Co-Chair of the Editorial Advisory Board of The Journal of The American College of Construction Lawyers
- Member of the Editorial Advisory Board of The International Construction Law Review published in London and distributed globally
- Chair of the Supreme Court of Minnesota Board of Continuing Legal Education, 1994-1998
- Member of the American Bar Association, International Bar Association, Inter-Pacific Bar Association, Minnesota Bar Association, and Wisconsin Bar Association
- Mr. Bruner is vetted by International Who’s Who of Business Lawyers as one of the world’s leading construction lawyers, commercial arbitrators and commercial mediators He is included in The Best Lawyers in America , and is profiled in the Marquis Publications’ Who’s Who in America, Who’s Who in American Law, Who’s Who in the World, and Who’s Who in Finance and Commerce.
Please call for details.